The Village Atheist crowd is salivating over this disgusting anti-religion campaign as symbolized by this image, being posted on billboards and in bus stops all over.
Once again, all the Village Atheist crowd ever mention are the things they accuse religion of causing (most of which is still questionable), with their occasional "well, religion has done some good, b-b-but..." tossed in as some kind of lame excuse for intellectual honesty.
So now we get to put up with this malarkey, as offered up ad nauseum by the anti-theist movement, inspired by their Dalai Dawkins. The fact is, if Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, or any other militant atheist had the slightest degree of intellectual honesty, they'd denounce this ridiculous stunt. Instead, this picture is even being used to advertise Dawkins' book, The God Delusion (a.k.a. The Atheist Scriptures).
Perhaps Christians should put up their own "Imagine No Religion" campaign. I'll make a few suggestions as to what could be pictured in the ads:
1. A picture of 30 million dead children in 3rd world countries, who starved to death because the United Nations failed to get them aid, and there were no religious charities to fill in the gaps.
2. A college library missing books by the great Greek Philosophers and Mathematicians, and many other works of antiquity, which were preserved by the Catholic Church and the ancient Muslims.
3. The Sistine Chapel with a plain white ceiling and walls.
4. A picture of thousands of drunks and drug addicts dead on the streets of our inner cities, because there were no Salvation Army or other religious missions to help them.
5. A picture showing a huge pile of dead bodies in the Black Hole of Calcutta because there was no Mother Teresa.
6. An empty orchestra hall on December 24th because there was no Handel's Messiah to be performed.
7. A picture of 2 office employees by a water cooler on December 25th, muttering 'Happy Solstice'.
8. A graph showing an exploding crime rate and a prison population that is doubled.
9. A picture of a globe that shows some other country in the location where the United States of America should have been.
10. A painting of Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot and Fidel Castro standing on a pile of human skeletons.
You want to see a campaign of "Imagine No Religion" that reflects reality? I posted 10 suggestions for doing just that. Anybody have any more? Leave them in the comments section of this entry.